UPDATE: Quay fall drama at Great Yarmouth
A man and a woman believed to be under the influence of alcohol fell off the quay near Haven Bridge, Great Yarmouth, landing on a boat.
The Gorleston and Great Yarmouth RNLI assisted in the rescue of the couple, who had fallen 9ft from the sea wall.
The RNLI lifeboat Atlantic arrived at 7.32pm to assist other rescue services, who had been unable to reach the couple from the sea wall.
Police were called at about 7.45pm on Friday but had to mobilise firefighters when it became clear one of them had injured his back.
The man, who was unconscious, was lifted on to the quay and taken by ambulance to James Paget University Hospital, Gorleston.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteer crew member and trained paramedic helmsman Rod Wells was one of the first onto the boat.
He said he understood that the female suffered no injuries but the man is currently in intensive care at the James Paget Hospital.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 5 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 8 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue