Update: Power supplies restored in Dereham
Electricity supplied have now been restored to all properties in Dereham following an underground power supply fault.
A total of 2554 properties in Toftwood - including parts of the MIddlemarch Road estate, Shipdham Road, Boyd Avenue, Westfield Road and William Cowper Close - lost electricity at 5.16pm.
More than 1700 were restored quickly and engineers were on site to get the power back on to the others.
They were gradually restored and the final 96 were back on at 7.30pm.
A UK Power Networks spokesman said: 'We appreciate how difficult it can be to lose power during a holiday period, especially when it is cold and dark.
You may also want to watch:
'We would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused by this incident.'
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 4 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 5 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 6 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 10 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner