Update: Power restored to around 300 homes in North Walsham
Power has now been restored to around 300 homes in North Walsham following 'essential maintenance work' carried out today.
UK Power Networks had previously written to all those affected explaining that important work was necessary on the network.
The power supplies were interrupted from around 8.30am today and power was restored to all affected customers by 2.20pm - two hours earlier than planned.
A spokesman from UK Power Networks said: 'The power supplies [were] interrupted to enable engineers to carry out essential maintenance work on the high voltage underground electricity network, serving the local area.
'We always work as quickly as is safely possible and if we are able to reconnect supplies sooner than predicted we will do so.
You may also want to watch:
'We do appreciate how difficult it is to be without electricity and would like to thank customers for their understanding.'
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 6 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 7 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 8 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 9 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 10 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed