Update: Power cuts hit more than 550 Norwich homes
- Credit: PA
More than 550 homes in Norwich were without power this evening.
UK Power Networks said engineers were sent out to a fault on the high voltage underground distribution network in the city just after 9pm and that homes in parts of the city centre, Lakenham, Tuckswood, Eaton and Cringleford were affected.
The company said it was still working to restore electricity supplies to seven customers in Whiting Road, Tuckswood.
Originally, 553 homes were without power for up to 70 minutes.
A UK Power Networks spokesman said: 'We appreciate how difficult it can be to experience a power cut and would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused by this fault.'
You may also want to watch:
Were you affected by the power cuts? Leave your comments below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 2 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 5 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 6 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 7 Former Norwich City coach moves on again - after just three months
- 8 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues