Update: Police search for missing Cringleford woman in University of East Anglia area
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services are checking the area near the University of East Anglia as they look for a 47-year-old woman who has been missing since Tuesday.
Lisa Pollini was last seen in the Lobelia Lane area of Cringleford on Tuesday, and last night (Thursday) the police helicopter was helping police officers on the ground in the search for Ms Pollini in the Cringleford and Mulbarton areas.
Separately, the emergency services were called to the UEA Broad this afternoon to help a woman who got stuck in water while walking her dog.
They were called at 2.57pm, and the Norfolk Fire and Rescue service's urban search and rescue team and two crews of firefighters from Earlham and Carrow were sent to the scene.
The woman was manually assisted using water rescue equipment and the rescue sled.
You may also want to watch:
Police said the search in the area for Ms Pollini, in a similar area, is ongoing.
Ms Pollini is described as white, 5ft 3in tall, of slight build and with white hair.
- 1 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 2 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 3 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 4 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 7 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 8 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case
- 9 'We'll be forced back on the roads' - travellers' plea at site hearing
- 10 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
A police statement said Ms Pollini was described as 'vulnerable' and urged anybody who knew of her whereabouts to get in touch.
Police are also appealing to Ms Pollini directly to get in contact so that her family know she is safe and well.
• Anyone with information is asked to contact Norfolk Constabulary immediately on 101.