UPDATE: Police say death of man whose body was found in Downham Market ‘not suspicious’
- Credit: Archant © 2009
Police have been investigating the circumstances surrounding the discovery of a body of a man in Downham Market this morning.
They say a member of the public discovered the man at around 7am in a field, near to Lynn Road and the railway line.
In a statement this afternoon, the Norfolk force said: 'Police can confirm that the death of a man whose body was found in a field in Downham Market this morning, Wednesday, March 6, is not being treated as suspicious. Officers are now preparing a file for the coroner.'
The man has not been named. An inquest is expected to open shortly.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 3 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 4 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 5 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 6 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 7 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
- 9 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 10 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE