Update: Police re-open the A11 in both directions following earlier closure
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
The A11 has re-opened in both directions between Snetterton and the A1075 following an earlier closure, but delays remain.
The closure was sparked by reports of an incident involving a firearm at a building in Larling at 4.50pm.
Officers said they closed the A11 for the safety of the public while they dealt with the call.
A man in his 40s was arrested on suspicion of assault and threats to kill.
He will be taken to the Wymondham Police Investigation Centre where he will be questioned today
You may also want to watch:
There was no access to the A11 between Snetterton and the A1075 and diversions were put in place.
Drivers were also held up the A11 this afternoon and this evening because of snow.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 3 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 4 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 5 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 6 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 10 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner