UPDATE: Police investigating how elderly couple flipped car onto roof at Great Yarmouth seafront
Police are investigating how an elderly couple flipped their car onto its roof while driving along Great Yarmouth seafront on Monday morning.
It is understood the couple had been turning into a side road, but no further detail can be given while the matter is under investigation.
Two fire engines, an ambulance and police were called after the blue Daewoo Matiz crashed by TJ's Fish and Chip shop, in South Beach Parade.
Emergency services attended the scene, near the junction with Dickens Avenue, after a call at 7.34am.
Neither the male driver or the female passenger suffered serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance service spokeswoman confirmed the male driver was taken to the James Paget Hospital in Gorleston with elbow and hand injuries.
The car was recovered from the scene by 8.50am.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 10 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered