UPDATE: Police continue investigations into Norwich fatal flat fire
Police are continuing their investigations this afternoon at the scene of a fatal flat fire in Norwich.
A man died in the early hours of today after he suffered injuries during the blaze in Wilberforce Road, Earlham.
Firefighters were called to the incident at 10.57pm, last night.
Norfolk Police also responded to reports of a ground floor flat being 'well alight' at 11.07pm.
A man found in the property was rushed to hospital but later died. No-one else was injured.
You may also want to watch:
Police and fire officers are trying to establish what caused the blazed.
Irene Webster, who lives opposite the block of flats, said she was woken up by the flashing lights of the emergency service vehicles but did not see the fire.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
She said: 'When I opened the curtains this morning I saw blue tape everywhere. There were different cars coming and going. There's been quite a few vehicles this morning.'