UPDATE: Police confirm shooting incident on A47 near Wisbech yesterday
Firearm found at scene - road closed for more than eight hours
Police have confirmed that there was a shooting incident on the A47 between Guyhirn and Wisbech which left the busy A47 closed for hours yesterday.
Initially officers said the closure was due to a collision between two vehicles - but rumours were circulating all day about a possible shooting.
One man was taken to the Queen ELizabeth Hospital, King's Lynn, with serious but not life-threatening injuries. It's not clear if his injury is as a result of a vehicle flipping over or because of the shooting.
Police have now said one car rolled onto its roof at the scene of the incident and the road was closed for so long to allow forensic work to be carried out.
It has also not been revealed if any arrests have taken place following the incident.
Officers were called to the scene around 4am and the road was closed shortly afterwards - it did not re-open until around 3.30pm yesterday.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 9 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 10 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'