Update: Police appeal for witnesses after man dies in crash near Watton
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Police are appealing for witnesses to a fatal crash near Watton.
Officers were called to reports of a collision between a Volkswagen Golf and a Vauxhall Meriva at around 6pm last night (Thursday, February 12) on the B1108 Norwich Road, close to the junction with Mill Lane, at Carbrooke.
A man in his 70s, who was driving the Meriva, died as a result of the crash while the passenger suffered shoulder and arm injuries.
The two people in the Golf sustained injuries, which are not thought to be life threatening or life changing and were taken to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital for treatment.
The road was closed to allow emergency services to work at the scene and diversions were put in place.
Investigations are underway to determine the circumstances of the crash and witnesses are asked to contact Norfolk Constabulary's serious collision investigation team on 101.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service crews from Watton, Hingham and Attleborough also attended and extricated three people from vehicles using hydraulic rescue equipment.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 7 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
- 10 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party
The East of England Ambulance Service sent three ambulances, a critical care rapid response car and the air ambulance to the scene.