UPDATE: Police appeal for information after man stabbed in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
Police in Lowestoft have launched an appeal for information after a man in his 20s was stabbed near a parade of shops by the town centre yesterday afternoon.
Officers were called to the St Peter's Street roundabout area by the ambulance service at about 3.45pm following reports that a man had received stab wounds.
The East of England Ambulance Service was called after the 24-year-old victim went to the Glow beauty salon to ask for help after he was attacked.
Police this morning said the man had been discharged from the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston and detectives were still looking for witnesses to the attack.
A police spokesman said 'Police are appealing for witnesses to an incident in Lowestoft in which a man received stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
'The incident happened at about 3.35pm yesterday.
'The 24-year-old man was on foot when he was attacked near to the junction of St Peter's Street and Burton Street.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 7 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 8 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 9 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 10 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
'During the attack, he received several stab wounds. He managed to walk to a parade of shops further along St Peter's Street, where he raised the alarm.
'Police and ambulance attended and the man was taken to the James Paget University Hospital for treatment. He was later discharged from hospital.
'Detectives are investigating the incident and are appealing for anyone who saw an altercation or suspicious activity in the area of St Peter's Street between 3.30pm and 3.45pm to get in touch.'
Recalling yesterday's incident Glow beautician Mariana Costa, 21, said: 'He came up to me and begged me to ring an ambulance. He said he had just been stabbed. There was a lot of blood.
'He said a man came up to him and said 'Give me your phone' and he said no.'
She added the victim appeared to have a stab wound in his back and had a cut to his face
Anyone with information about the stabbing incident should ring Lowestoft police station on 101.