Update: One person found dead inside burning bungalow in Stanton, near Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackling a house blaze have discovered a body at the home in Stanton, near Bury St Edmunds.
A neighbour dialled 999 at around 4am after spotting flames coming from the bungalow in Drovers Rise.
Firefighters, police officers and paramedics arrived at the scene where an older man, who is understood to have lived at the property, was reported missing.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said: 'One person has been found deceased inside the home.'
Homes nearby were evacuated and cordons put in place.
Firefighters are currently making sure the area is safe before the 10 to 12 residents affected will be allowed back into their homes.
The police spokeswoman added: 'Inquiries will now get underway at the scene to determine the cause of the blaze.'
- 1 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 4 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 5 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 6 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 7 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 8 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 9 Award-winning Norwich pub celebrates 30 years in style
- 10 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
Firefighters from Ixworth, Elmswell and Bury St Edmunds tackled the flames.
Anyone with information about the fire should call police on 101.