Update: One dead after Guist coach crash
A man has died and five others have been injured following a crash between a coach and three cars on the A1067 at Guist, near Fakenham.
Emergency services are still on the scene of the accident, which happened at about 4.45pm today (Friday).
Police have confirmed one casualty – thought to have been in one of the cars – was declared dead at the scene.
A woman was treated for neck pain and taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn, while a man suffering chest pains was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Two other women with minor face injuries and a man with a minor hand injury were also taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital by ambulance crews.
You may also want to watch:
Officers at the scene said the coach was carrying about 40 passengers.
The remainder of the uninjured passengers, many of whom were elderly, were initially taken to a local pub and restaurant.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 8 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
Trevor Groom, landlord of the Ordnance Arms, said: 'It happened a few hundred yards up the road towards Fakenham. We had all the people off the coach down here afterwards. They were all older people.'
The passengers were then collected and driven away from the scene by another coach, operated by Guist-based company Richards Coaches. The firm runs holiday trips, private hire excursions and tours.
Police cordoned off the area while fire and rescue crews from Fakenham and Norwich worked to free the casualties.
The A1067 Norwich Road is closed in both directions between the B1110 Holt Road junction in Guist and the Norwich Road junction in Fakenham, Traffic diversions are in place.
?Were you a passenger on the coach or in one of the other vehicles? Contact Victoria Leggett on 01362 854703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.