UPDATE: Norfolk firm provides mattresses for Channel Five’s Big Brother
A North Walsham businessman has been encouraging sweet dreams for the stars of this year's Big Brother.
Managing director of Mattressman Andrew Kerry has supplied the 16 contestants in the house with 10 single and three double mattresses as part of the televised show.
When the 2012 series began two weeks ago a team from the Norwich-based company posted a message on the social networking site Twitter and said: 'The Big Brother house seems to be liking our mattresses.'
The show has given birth to some well-known celebrities, including presenter Alison Hammond, Chantelle Houghton, Chanelle Hayes and the late Jade Goody.
Contracts division manager Darren Barker oversaw the project and said the team felt 'very proud' about their achievement.
'It was quite an amazing thing for us,' he said.
'And it's big news for a Norfolk company.'
- 1 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 8 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 10 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
The company also tweeted last week: 'Arguments in the Big Bro house last night about going to bed, our mattresses must be too comfortable!'
Big Brother was originally broadcast on Channel Four from July 2000 until September 2010. The rights to the programme were acquired by Channel Five in a two-year contract.
Over the course of its run there have been a total of 25 series of Big Brother - 12 regular series, nine celebrity series and four special series.
In April this year Channel Five confirmed that they had renewed Big Brother until the end of 2014.