Update: Motorcyclist taken to hospital after crashing into water-filled ditch at Welney
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
A motorcyclist is being treated by ambulance crews after his bike crashed into a water-filled ditch at Welney.
The rider, who is said to be in his mid 30s, left the road on the A1101 Wash Road at about 8am this morning and ended up in the ditch.
Fire crews from Kings Lynn, Outwell and Littleport joined police and ambulance crews at the scene following the crash which left the motorcyclist needing treatment.
A spokesman in the police control room said his injuries were not thought to be life threatening or life changing.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust (EEAST) said: 'We were called at 7.55am this morning to reports of a road traffic collision involving a motorbike in Welney.
You may also want to watch:
'Our Hazardous Area Response Team (HART) were called to assist at the scene and help to extricate the patient, who is thought to be a male in his 30s. The patient was suffering from some back and rib pain, but seems to have been fully conscious throughout the incident. Looks like we then took the patient to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Kings Lynn for further care.'
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 8 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 9 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 10 Glamping site approval despite highway safety concerns