Update: Motorcyclist killed after colliding with car between Reepham and Bawdeswell named as Shaun Ellis from Norwich
A motorcyclist who died after losing control of his bike and colliding with a car between Reepham and Bawdeswell on Friday night has been named as Shaun Ellis from Norwich.
Police said the 27 year old was from the Hellesdon area and crashed after losing control of his bike for 'an unknown reason'.
He was pronounced dead at the scene, near Model Cottage Farm kennels on the B1145, and an inquest into his death is due to opened this afternoon.
Police said he was travelling towards Bawdeswell when he lost control of his blue Honda Hornet and collided with a green Kia Carens travelling in the opposite direction at 7.55pm on September 7.
No-one else was injured in the accident, and the police serious collision investigation team is continuing its investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Police asked anyone who witnessed the collision, or was driving in the area before the collision and saw either vehicle, to contact PC Robert Timmins or PC Lee Smart on 101.
Did you know Shaun Ellis? Leave your tributes below.
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 3 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 4 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 5 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 6 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 7 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 8 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
- 9 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 10 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes