UPDATE: Motorcyclist injured in crash on A1122 transferred to Addenbrooke’s as road reopens
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist who suffered serious injuries in a collision with a car on the A1122 this morning has been transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital.
Police are are appealing for witnesses to the crash, which happened at around 5.30am.
A red Vauxhall Corsa was involved in a collision with a BMW motorbike at the junction between the A1122 and London Road.
The rider, who suffered serious head injuries, was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, from where he has now beeen transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital, in Cambridge.
The road, which was closed between the Heygates roundabout and the junction with the A10 for more than four hours, has now re-opened.
You may also want to watch:
Police want to hear from anyone who saw the collision or has information concerning the driving manner of either vehicle prior to the collision.
Witnesses should contact PC Louise Manning, at Swaffham Roads Policing, on 101.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 6 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 7 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 GP warns surgery 'is at breaking point' due to village expansion