UPDATE: More details released about A11 fatal crash near Wymondham
A male driver died when his car collided with the central reservation on the A11 near Wymondham.
Norfolk Police have released more details about the fatal crash which took place yesterday at 1.15pm.
The man, in his 60s, was driving northbound towards Norwich in a Jaguar X-Type when the accident occurred just before the turn-off to Mulbarton. No other vehicles were involved.
Ambulance crews arrived but the driver died at the scene. He was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital under a police escort. His identity is yet to be announced.
A male passenger in the car sustained a minor injury to his chest.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision or those who saw the Jaguar just prior to the crash to come forward.
Anyone with information should contact PC Chris Tremlin at Wymondham Road Policing on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences