Update: Man who fell to death from the Castle Mall shopping centre was in his mid 20s and from Norwich area
- Credit: Archant
Officers continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding the death of a man at the Castle Mall shopping centre in Norwich yesterday evening.
The man, aged in his mid 20s and believed to be local to Norwich, was discovered on the ground floor level with serious head injuries at around 7.20pm. Despite the best efforts of medical staff, the man sadly died at the scene.
The Castle Mall and the adjoining cinema were evacuated for the rest of the evening but have now reopened.
The death is not being treated as suspicious and a file is being prepared for the coroner. The man's name is unlikely to be released until next week.
Anyone who believes they may have witnessed what happened should contact Norfolk Constabulary on 101.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car