UPDATE: Man trapped under steel girders at industrial estate in Wymondham
A man was trapped by steel girders which fell on him at an industrial estate this morning.
Paramedics were called just before 8am to Ayton Road industrial estate in Wymondham.
It is believed the man in his thirties had a broken leg.
An ambulance from Attleborough arrived at the Barley Chalu aluminium coaters factory and called the fire service to help free the man.
Crews from Wymondham and Carrow released him using air bags and hydraulic rescue equipment.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: 'The original 999 call we received was to a report of steel girders falling on top of a man and his legs were possibly trapped.
'The ambulance crew at the scene treated, stabilised and immobilised the man before he was taken to Norfolk and Norwich Hospital for further care. The injuries are not thought to be life threatening.'
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 4 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 5 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 6 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 7 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 8 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
- 9 Virus expert says Omicron is 'unstoppable' and backs 'Plan B' rules
- 10 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks