UPDATE: Man from Attleborough area dies in crash near Loddon.
A man from the Attleborough area has died in a serious car crash on the B1136 between Haddiscoe and Hales, near Loddon this morning, which has left another man in hospital.
Emergency services were called to the crash at around 9am this morning, with police describing the accident as 'serious'.
A police spokesman said: 'Police are appealing for witnesses following a fatal road traffic collision that occurred at Haddiscoe earlier this morning.
'The incident occurred at 9am on the B1136. The driver of a blue Ford Focus, a man in his 20s and from the Attleborough area, sadly died at the scene.'
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said: 'East of England Ambulance Service crews were called to a field off the B1136 Loddon Road at 8.56am.
You may also want to watch:
'They assessed and treated the casualties but sadly one man, believed to be about 25, was confirmed deceased on scene.
'Another person, whose age and gender is not available, was taken to the James Paget University Hospital, Gorleston, with chest pains. Two others involved in the incident were not injured.'
- 1 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 5 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 6 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 7 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 8 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 9 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 10 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
Police sealed off the road for several hours.
Fire crews from Loddon and Great Yarmouth both attended the scene and helped to cut one casualty free from the wreckage.
Anyone who witnessed the collision or saw the manner of driving of the blue Ford Focus immediately prior to the collision should contact Sgt Ade Hales on 0845 4564567