UPDATE: Man found safe and well following search off the coast of Gorleston and Hopton
A MAN has been found safe and well after emergency services launched a desperate search when it was feared he may have been washed out to sea.
The alarm was raised at 9.30am today when a man's belongings were found near the boating lake on Gorleston beach, with a trail of footprints leading towards the sea.
A multi-agency effort, involving Norfolk police, lifeboat teams and the coastguard was launched, with searches being carried out off the coast of Gorleston and Hopton, and near the Outer Harbour.
The Great Yarmouth and Gorleston offshore and inshore lifeboats, Gorleston and Lowestoft coastguard teams and police were all involved in the operation.
The man was discovered at an address in Gorleston at 2pm this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 9 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs