Update: Man dies in crash involving sugar beet lorry on A140 at Erpingham, near Aylsham
- Credit: Archant
A man died after his car was involved in a crash with a lorry on the A140 in Norfolk.
The motorist, understood to be in his 70s, was driving a Fiat car which was involved in a crash with the sugar beet lorry just after 7.15pm on Friday.
The crash happened near Alby Crafts and the junction with Erpingham.
Firefighters battled to free the man from his car, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
The man who was driving the lorry was not hurt.
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance crew and an ambulance officer went to the scene, along with fire crews from Aylsham, Cromer and Carrow.
Road diversions were put in place to allow emergency services to carry out their investigations, with the road shut for more than four hours.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
Officers from Norfolk police are keen to speak to anyone who saw the crash or either vehicle prior to the collision.
Witnesses are asked to contact PC Jason Ellis at Norfolk Constabulary on 101.