Update: Man arrested on suspicion of arson and weapon possession after two fires in Great Yarmouth
A man has been arrested on suspicion of arson and possession of an offensive weapon after a fire at a shop in Great Yarmouth.
The 46-year-old man has also been arrested on suspicion of going equipped and in relation to a second fire in shrubbery.
Both fires took place on Sunday evening, (September 16) with police and a fire crew from Great Yarmouth rushing to the Crown Stores shop on Crown Road at 9.10pm, to a report of a rubbish fire which had spread to the building.
They used hose reel jets to extinguish the fire and a positive pressue fan to remove smoke from the premises.
Meanwhile, two crews from Great Yarmouth also responded to reports of a building fire in Marine Parade. They found it was a grass fire, which they extinguished.
You may also want to watch:
The 46-year-old was arrested a short time later and at the time of writing was in custody at Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre where he is being interviewed by officers.
This comes after firefighters were been called out to tackle rubbish fires across the county on Sunday.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 7 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 8 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 9 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 10 Glamping site approval despite highway safety concerns
Two crews from Carrow and Earlham attended a rubbish fire in Suffolk Square, Norwich, at 10.07pm. Hose reel jets were used to extinguish it.
A further incident of a similar nature was reported in Lincoln Way, Thetford, at 10.09pm. Firefighters used hand appliances to deal with the rubbish fire.