Update: Man airlifted to hospital with ‘serious chest injuries’ after crash at Wangford
A MAN, believed to be in his 50s or 60s, has been airlifted to hospital with serious chest injuries after a two-vehicle crash on the A12 by Wangford, near Southwold.
A green Jaguar X-type was in collision with a Suzuki Vitara about 10.43am this morning (Wednesday).
The Anglia One air ambulance was called to the scene with Dr Anya Wallace and critical care paramedic Andy Downes treating the man for serious chest injuries.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance said the man was in his 50s and was he airlifted to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Police closed off the southbound A12 and the B1126 for several hours while emergency services dealt with the crash.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: 'We were called to Wangford Road at the A12 junction about 10.40am to reports of a two-vehicle collision. It appears a Suzuki Vitara and a Jaguar X-type collided at the junction.
'A man, thought to be in his 60s, has been taken to the Norfolk and Norwich hospital with serious injuries.'
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 6 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 7 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 8 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 9 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit