Update: Man, 29, killed in crash at Weeting in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a 29-year-old man was killed in a car crash at Weeting, near Brandon.
Officers were called at just after 10pm last night to a single vehicle collision on Brandon Road, just after the Peppers Close junction.
A silver Ford Mondeo had overturned and the 29-year-old male driver was pronounced deceased at the scene. He was alone in the car.
The air ambulance was called to the incident, landing in a field next to the scene of the accident.
The road was closed until 2.10am whilst a collision investigation got underway.
You may also want to watch:
Nearby residents reported hearing the sound of 'scraping on concrete' when the collision took place.
Paramedics were also seen trying to resuscitate the man.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 9 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
The driver was travelling from the Brandon direction when he appears to have lost control of the car and left the road, landing in trees and bushes by the roadside.
The site, on a sharp bend, is around 100 yards after the road changes from a 60mph speed limit to 30mph.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision and also want to speak to anyone who may have seen the Mondeo in Brandon town centre beforehand.
Contact the Norfolk Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.