Update: Major roads through Great Yarmouth to be closed for repair and resurfacing work
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
Motorists are being warned to allow extra time for their journey to, from and through Great Yarmouth as two weeks of roadworks get under way.
The A47 Acle straight will be closed overnight for resurfacing work and night time repairs are also being carried out on the A12 Breydon Bridge.
Work on the Acle straight, which is pitted with potholes on both sides of the carriageway, will also include the repainting of road markings.
The work is due to begin tonight (Monday) and is expected to be completed by 6am on Saturday, March 22.
During this time the road will be shut in both directions between the A47/A1064 Acle roundabout and the A47/A12 Vauxhall roundabout, from 8pm - 6am.
You may also want to watch:
Alongside this, Highways Agency engineers will also be carrying out repairs to the lifting mechanism on the Breydon Bridge.
This work will take place overnight on Wednesday and Thursday and the bridge will be closed.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 5 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
Motorists will be diverted via the A1064 through Filby and the A149.