UPDATE: Lightning strike causes turkey shed fire at Foulsham
A fire was started when lightning struck a turkey shed in Foulsham, near Fakenham.
Crews from Reepham, Fakenham, Dereham and Holt, as well as a water carrier and a support appliance from Fakenham, are at the scene at Guist Road.
They were called during this afternoon's storms just before 3.40pm.
A spokesman from Norfolk fire service confirmed the turkey shed was empty.
The fire was brought under control just after 5pm.
Do you have photos of the fire? Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 3 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 4 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 5 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 6 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 7 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 8 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 9 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 10 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise