Update: Intermittent power cuts hit Beccles street
Power failures have caused problems in Beccles for a second day.
Businesses along Blyburgate have seen their power go on and off from 11.30am today as engineers from UK Power service work to fix the problem.
Shortly before 11.30am a row of business were plunged into darkness.
Engineers returned to a substation near to the library, where they were yesterday, to work on the problem, and by 12.30pm power was restored to all but two businesses.
These were restored an hour later, but at 2pm other businesses had lost power.
You may also want to watch:
Engineers at the site have isolated the underground cable fault, and further work is taking place this afternoon to try to fix the problem. The estimated time of completion is 11pm.
The town's library was forced to close yesterday and other businesses on Blyburgate saw power repeatedly turn on and off in the morning.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault