Update: Holt air ambulance emergency - woman dies
A woman, whose collapse in Holt caused the East Anglian Air Ambulance to land in the town centre, has died.
The helicopter crew were flying to her aid after she collapsed in the town's Bakers and Larners shop.
Police were alerted at about noon and blocked off the area to allow the helicopter to manoeuvre delicately and safely into the narrow Georgian town centre.
But the woman is understood to have died at the scene, according to an air ambulance spokesman. She said crews always aimed to land as close as possible to casualties and the pilot had judged the landing spot to be safe. A land ambulance also attended.
The air ambulance lifted off just before 1pm and roads were re-opened.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea