UPDATE: Further appeal for information following fatal crash in Hales
A further appeal for information following a fatal collision which happened in Hales last month has been issued today from officers from Norfolk's Serious Collision Investigation Team (SCIT).
The incident happened on the A146 Beccles Road at the junctions of Green Road and Green Lane on Saturday, July 9 at approximately 7.45pm.
The collision involved a white Honda ST1300 motorcycle travelling from the Lowestoft direction and an ambulance, which was attending an emergency call when the incident happened.
The motorcyclist Neil Griffiths, 54, from Houghton in Huntingdon, suffered serious injuries and was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
Two ambulance staff also sustained minor injuries. There were no passengers in the ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Police are trying to locate the driver of a large goods vehicle which was travelling on the A146 in the direction of Beccles at the time of the collision.
Officers stressed that this vehicle was behind a number of other vehicles and was some way back from the collision and was not involved in any way. The lorry continued to head towards Beccles following the incident.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
It is believed that the driver would have witnessed the collision and is asked to contact the PC Steve Crowley from SCIT on 0845 456 4567.