Update: Fears that someone has fallen through ice into river at Brandon in Suffolk
Emergency services have suspended their search of a river in Brandon, Suffolk.
Police were called at approximately 3.20pm this afternoon, by a member of the public, who had concerns after seeing a hat on the frozen water of the Little Ouse River, Church Road in Brandon.
The caller said he could see footprints leading from the bank, going across the river. He could see a hole broken in the ice and a hat to one side.
Police, fire and ambulance and the RAF search and Rescue helicopter have been involved in the search.
A police spokesman said: 'Have you been near to this stretch of river and seen anyone near to the water's edge? Do you know of someone who planned to walk near to this area and has not returned home?'
Anyone with information is asked to call Suffolk Police on 101.
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 3 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 4 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 5 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 6 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 7 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 8 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 9 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 10 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket