UPDATE: Fallen tree branch causes disruption on Norwich to London line
Train services on the Norwich to London line are being disrupted this morning due to a tree branch which has fallen onto overhead power cables.
The branch fell onto line equipment at Palgrave, near Diss, shortly before 9am.
A spokesman for Network Rail said the obstruction should not be affecting trains travelling to London, but passengers travelling up from the capital will experience some delays.
Engineers should be on site now and will work as quickly as possible to remove the branch, he added.
National Express East Anglia is warning travellers to expect alterations to services at short notice, delays of up to an hour or cancellations.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 4 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 5 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 6 Revealed: Coronavirus vaccine hubs in Norfolk
- 7 Saver menus and pizzas - how pubs are opening under 'substantial meal' rule
- 8 Man hit by lorry on A47 rushed to hospital with serious injuries
- 9 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 10 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'