Update: Earlham Road cleared after car and cyclist collide
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
A major route into Norwich has reopened after a serious accident earlier this morning, in which a cyclist was injured.
A car and a bicycle collided on Earlham Road at 8.03am, near the junction with College Road.
The cyclist, a woman in her 20s, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: 'The woman was very lucky to suffer non-serious injuries to her leg.'
The crash blocked the road until 9am as fire, police and ambulance services dealt with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic built up on surrounding roads as motorists looked for alternative routes.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 5 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 8 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 9 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 10 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel