UPDATE: Diver who died off Norfolk coast is from London
- Credit: Archant
The diver who died after a trip off the Norfolk coast has been named by police as Christopher Vanstone, 49, from Brixton, London.
Mr Vanstone died on Friday afternoon after he had been diving in an area called Hearty Knoll, 17 miles north east off Great Yarmouth.
He was in a diving group on the Raider V dive boat, which had set off from Lowestoft on Friday at 10am.
It is believed Mr Vanstone had gone down about 17 metres when he became unwell and had to make an emergency ascent.
When he returned to the surface he was given emergency CPR before being airlifted to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston, where he was pronounced dead.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination confirmed Mr Vanstone died from drowning. Police are not treating his death as suspicious. The incident continues to be investigated on behalf of the coroner's office and an inquest will be held in due course.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 5 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 'Life begins at 70' says former TV star as she releases her new novel
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 10 'We loved our East Anglian holiday so much - we bought the company'