Update: Death of man found in car near North Walsham “not suspicious”
- Credit: Bill Smith - Archant
Police investigating the death of a man whose body was found in a car have said it is 'not believed to be suspicious'.
A member of the public contacted police at 4.45pm to raise concerns about a car in a field off North Walsham Road, near North Walsham.
Police said they found the body of a man inside.
The fire service was called to the scene at 5.03pm, and a spokesman said there had been a fire, but it had been extinguished before they arrived. The firefighters have since left the scene.
The car, which is described as silver, appeared to have been parked, with no signs of an accident. It is facing the road, about five metres from its edge.
The windows of the car appear to have become crusted on the inside, possible as a result of heat.
The wider area is peaceful and quiet, with one house nearby.
- 1 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 2 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 3 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
- 4 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 5 'Awe and disbelief' as thousands of bees swarm pub garden
- 6 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 7 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 8 Dog and group cut off by tide saved after being spotted waist-high in water
- 9 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 10 Couple put 'TARDIS' home with 'amazing' sea views up for sale for £475k
North Walsham Road itself remains open, but a police cordon is in place around the car itself.
A police spokesman said no-one else was believed to have been injured.
Did you see what happened? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 772468.