UPDATE: Cordons lifted after hoax bomb threat shuts Norwich magistrates court
Norwich magistrates court reopened this afternoon after a bomb scare.
Court officers cleared the courtrooms at around 11.45am after receiving a bomb threat.
All court cases this morning were suspended as police and the fire service rushed to the building.
Officers closed Bishopgate and traffic was diverted.
The neighbouring crown court was also sealed off for around 45 minutes and reopened again at 1.30pm.
Sniffer dogs scoured the building and car park for any sign of the bomb threat.
Police will now launch an inquiry into the hoax call.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 3 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 4 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 9 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 10 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment