UPDATE: Confirmed fatality after lorry hits pedestrian near Haven Bridge
Police have confirmed that a man has died after a collision between a lorry and a pedestrian in Great Yarmouth.
Haven Bridge was closed after emergency services were called to the incident in Southtown Road at 12.49pm today (Tuesday, February 14).
The deceased is believed to be from the Great Yarmouth area.
The East of England Ambulance Service was called to Matalan Retail Park to a report of a lorry in collision with a pedestrian.
A rapid response car and an ambulance attended the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Norfolk Constabulary said: 'Haven Bridge is likely to be closed for some time.'
Fire, ambulance and police officers are in attendance and drivers are advised to avoid area if possible.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 3 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 4 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 5 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 6 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 7 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 8 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 9 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 10 Owners of popular street food van open café bistro in Norwich
The bridge reopened at 4.45pm.