Update: Clippesby camper death, carbon monoxide suspected
POLICE have named a woman believed to have died after being asphyxiated by barbecue fumes at a Norfolk Broads holiday park.
The body of Hazel Woodhams, 30, from Huddersfield, was found in a tent at Clippesby Hall at 8.45am on Tuesday.
Although post mortem results are inconclusive and more toxicology tests are to be carried out over the next few weeks, symptoms and current results suggest the cause of death is likely to carbon monoxide poisoning, a statement said.
Detective Inspector Marie James, Joint Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team, said: 'This appears to be a tragic accident. Whilst the outcome of the investigation is not yet known and will be confirmed when we have the results of the toxicology, I would like to take this opportunity to warn other campers about the risks of having charcoal barbecues within an enclosed space. Our advice would be to only use and store them in open areas where they should not cause any difficulties.'
A man in his 30s was arrested and was last night being questioned by police. The couple were known to each other and officers are not looking for anyone else in connection with the death.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the couple is asked to contact Norfolk and Suffolk MIT on 0845 4564567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 7 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer