Update: Buxton death not suspicious
Detectives have said the death of a man whose body was discovered in north Norfolk is not believed to be suspicious.
They have said although formal identification is still to take place, they believe the body found on the bank of a river just outside Buxton on Monday afternoon , is 46-year-old Derek Cutting from the Buxton area, who was last seen in the early hours of Saturday, December 8.
He had been seen drinking at the Old Crown public house in Buxton, on Friday, December 7.
A police spokesman said: 'There do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances. A post mortem will take place shortly and the death has been referred to the coroner.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea