Update: Burst water main closes Freethorpe road
- Credit: Bill Smith - Archant
An east Norfolk village road is closed both ways after a burst water main damaged the road surface.
Old Chapel Road in Freethorpe has been shut between Chapelfield and Norwich Road today for repair work, a day after a burst pipe caused damage to the road surface.
A spokesman for Anglian Water said the main was repaired yesterday but due to the location of the work, Old Chapel Road needed to be closed.
He said: 'A small number of customers were affected during the work, but the 3' pipe was quickly repaired.
'The road surface is being fully repaired during today and will reopen shortly.
You may also want to watch:
'We're sorry for any disruption caused.'
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 5 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 6 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 10 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent