UPDATE: Broken-down train causes 60-minute delays - and full list of school closures
The weekend's snowfall has caused the closure of more than 30 schools in Norfolk this morning, and there are delays on the trains.
Train services to and from Norwich are being delayed by up to an hour because of a broken-down train at Colchester.
Signalling problems at London Liverpool Street had earlier caused train delays of half an hour, but the train at Colchester has added to delays by leaving just one line open to Norwich.
The weekend snow has also caused the closure of more than 30 schools in Norfolk, mostly in the west of the county.
Many schools have reported unsafe conditions for staff and pupils, while heating problems have forced others to close.
Earlier on Monday, Greater Anglia, which took over from National Express East Anglia yesterday, warned that signalling troubles at London Liverpool Street were affecting the movement of trains in and out of six platforms at the station.
Train speeds, which had been reduced as a result of the snow, were returned to normal at 10am.
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 3 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 4 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 5 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 6 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 7 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 8 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 9 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 10 No queues at walk-in vaccine centre
Norfolk Green has provided an update on its bus services, and has altered certain routes to avoid ungritted roads. In Hunstanton, the 10, 11 and Coasthopper services will use Oasis Way instead of Princess Drive, and in Dersingham the 10 will use Lynn Road instead of Station Road and Mountbatten Road in Dersingham.
The 37 service will not call at Brady Close and Nightingale Close in Denver, or the Retreat Estate in Downham Market. The 63 service between King's Lynn and Wisbech via Tilney All Saints and Walpole St Peter is running but conditions are poor and buses are running late.
Anglian Bus said at lunchtime that all its services were running, but with several minutes' delay where road conditions are poor.
Police have warned drivers to be careful on the roads, which may be icy, and to allow extra time for journeys. They also advised motorists to ensure all snow and ice is cleared from windscreens before driving.
Officers said the weather was a contributory factor in many of yesterday's 34 collisions on Norfolk roads, though most were minor incidents.
A handful of schools have been closed across Suffolk – with just two schools affected across Waveney.
Blundeston CEVCP School is closed with staff reporting 'no power, heating or phones.' The school is expected to reopen on Tuesday. Ashley School in Lowestoft is open to pupils travelling daily, but staff added it is closed to residential pupils from Lincoln.
Between 10cms and 15cms (4-6in) of snow fell across Suffolk over the weekend, with 80 incidents – none of them serious – reported to Suffolk police overnight between 10pm on Saturday and noon yesterday (Sunday).
The East of England Ambulance Service received 1,229 calls between 11pm on Saturday and 9am yesterday.
Full list of Norfolk schools closed:
• Ashwicken Church Of England Primary School
• Brancaster CE VA Primary School
• Burnham Market Primary School
• Clackclose Community Primary School
• The Clare School
• Duchy Of Lancaster CE Primary School
• Fairstead Community Primary & Nursery School
• Foulsham Primary School
• Great Hockham Primary School
• Heacham Infant & Nursery School
• Heacham Junior School
• Howard Junior School
• King Edward VII School
• King's Lynn Academy
• Marham Junior School
• Mundford VC Primary School
• Norwich Road School
• Queensway Infant School & Nursery
• Redgate Junior School
• Sandringham & West Newton CE VA Primary School
• Smithdon High School
• Snettisham Primary School
• Southery Primary School
• Springwood High School (Academy)
• St Clement's High School
• St Martha's RC VA Primary School
• St Martin At Shouldham CE VA Primary School
• The Rosebery Short Stay School for Norfolk
• Tilney All Saints CE VC Primary School
• Walsingham Community Primary School
• Wimbotsham & Stow Community School
• For more snow pictures keep an eye on www.eveningnews24.co.uk throughout the day, and send us your snow pictures at www.iwitness24.co.uk