UPDATE: Boy, six, suffers broken leg after being involved in crash with bus in Norwich
A six-year-old boy has suffered a suspected broken leg after he was involved in a crash with a bus in Norwich.
The boy, who has not been named, sustained injuries to his thigh and ankle and is believed to have broken his lower leg after the incident, involving a double decker bus heading towards the city, which happened on Plumstead Road East, Norwich, at about 1.15pm today.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance was called to attend the scene, near to the shops on Plumstead Road East, while a doctor and paramedic team also responded to the call in a rapid response vehicle.
On arrival they administered pain relief to the young patient. They then travelled with him in a road ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where he received further treatment.
His injuries are not believed to be life threatening and his condition is described as stable.
You may also want to watch:
Police put diversions in place at the Heartsease Lane end of Plumstead Road East and at the roundabout on Woodside Road. The road was reopened at 2.40pm.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council