Update: Bodie the cat’s special branch tree adventure at Overstrand
A cat named after TV action hero fell 30ft from a tree during attempts to rescue it.
Bodie, despite being an 18-month-old black Norwegian Forest cat, got stuck in the tree for most of the day near his Overstrand home.
Owner Dee Richmond discovered he was missing when he failed to come home for tea. He was trapped in the branches in the Ivy Farm caravan park opposite her High Street house.
The RSPCA visited. A fire crew was turned out but could not reach him.
'When we found out where he was we tried to get him down with ladders, but he fell. He is a bit battered, bruised and grumpy and has lost one of his nine lives,' she added.
You may also want to watch:
Bodie is named after Bodie and Doyle from the 1970s and 80s TV series the Professionals- and has a brown tabby brother called Doyle.
Mrs Richmond added: 'He was not very professional getting stuck up there - and getting him down should have been a job for special branch.'
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 5 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit