Update: Blyburgate in Beccles opened
- Credit: Archant Â© 2004
A main road through Beccles has been opened.
Blyburgate had been shut off to traffic as workers from UK Power Networks look to resolve electricity problems along the street, but it is open today under traffic light control.
On Thursday and Friday a number of businesses suffered as power was temporarily lost.
On Friday engineers isolated the underground cable fault and the road was closed off to allow this to be fixed in the evening. It remained closed over the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 7 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 8 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 9 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 10 Rescuers resume search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith