Update All schools in Lowestoft and Southwold area closed apart from one as bin collections halted across Waveney because of snow
- Credit: Archant
Due to the adverse weather conditions, all primary and high schools in Lowestoft are closed today.
The only primary and high school open in the Lowestoft and Southwold is Reydon Primary School.
The following children's centre are open according to Suffolk County Council: Ark, Kirkley, Riverside, Uplands and Reydon and Southwold.
Three pupil referral units are open: Harbour, First Base and Old Warren House.
Refuse collections and some street cleansing has been cancelled in Waveney today.
You may also want to watch:
Residents are advised to still put bins out for collection and the council's collection teams will try to collect them as soon as possible.
However this will now be Tuesday at the earliest and, given the backlog from Friday's cancellation, may even be later in the week.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 5 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 8 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 9 'Pray for Paul today' - wife's plea as gallbladder op victim faces surgery
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
To enable teams to collect refuse/recycling as soon as possible, green waste collections will not take place this week.
A council spokesman said: 'Once again, we would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by events beyond our control.'