Update: A47 reopens after crashes in Postwick roadworks area caused traffic chaos and injured boy aged nine
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
Two crashes in a section of the A47 reduced to one lane because of roadworks caused severe traffic delays this afternoon.
One boy, aged nine, was take to hospital following the first accident - a collision between a Citroen and a white van near the Postwick junction.
The crash happened at about 2.30pm, and police said the boy was taken to hospital with back pain, as a precaution.
The second crash, between an HGV and Renault Megane, happened 15 minutes later at the junction between the A47 and the A146.
Police said no-one was injured.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic was diverted into the city on the A146, causing severe delays.
The road re-opened at 3.45pm.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 9 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 10 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel