Update: A47 crash at Honingham cleared
A crash involving three or four vehicles blocked the A47 in both directions this evening, causing massive queues for rush-hour traffic.
It happened at Honingham, close to the Ringland turn off, just before 5pm this evening (Wednesday).
A police spokesman said it was thought to have involved three or four vehicles although there were no serious injuries.
He said the road had been 'completely blocked' causing 'massive tail backs' in both directions.
One driver reported being stuck in queues for more than two hours as traffic was diverted down narrow roads off the A47.
Fire crews from Dereham, Carrow, Earlham and the urban search and rescue teams were sent to the scene to help police.
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 9 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 10 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school