Update: A140 clear at Newton Flotman after earlier car crash
There were delays on the A140 Ipswich Road at Newton Flotman this afternoon after a car crashed into a lamppost.
The incident occurred after a vehicle, reported to be a black Ford Ka, left the northbound section of the A140, between the Tasburgh Road junction and the Church Road junction, at around 3.30pm.
The crash blocked the northbound lane initially but the road was clear again by 5.07pm.
Three fire engines, from Long Stratton, Carrow and Earlham, attended the scene to extricate a casualty using hydraulic rescue equipment, administer casualty care and make the vehicle and surrounding area safe.
Norfolk Police said a man and woman suffered minor injuries, with an ambulance providing treatment to them at the roadside. They added no other vehicles or people were involved.
You may also want to watch:
Inspector Stuart Bailey said: 'Why they went off the road is not clear at the moment.'
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 9 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies